The purpose of the Erasmus Plus STT week on Academic Writing in Ireland is to foster the advancement of English skills for academic purposes among participants. In the contemporary world the ‘publish or perish’ academic culture means that it is crucial for academics to use language at an advanced level for the purpose of scientific publication (Scopus®, Web of ScienceTM, etc.) and the preparation of advanced grant proposals (such as Horizon 2020, Fulbright, etc.).
Programme Location – Galway / Dublin:
GALWAY European Capital Of Culture 2020
Known as the cultural capital of Ireland, Galway is a charming, lively city on the west coast of Ireland. Galway city is a labyrinth of small, winding streets lined with shops, bakeries, traditional pubs and weekend markets. The city is renowned for its legendary festivals and nightlife, not to mention its proximity to the stunning Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher!
DUBLIN City Of Literature
Dublin’s cultural life is rich and varied and with one of the youngest populations of Europe’s major cities, it offers an especially vibrant and friendly atmosphere for students. Dublin has it all: a charming mix of medieval, Georgian and modern architecture, a wealth of history and culture, a legendary literary tradition and particularly lively nightlife.
Participants for the seminar workshops should have an English language skill level of at least CEFR B2 and be willing to improve their academic English skills. PhD holders, PhD candidates and other academic staff and team members who want to excel in academic publication and academic public speaking are well welcome to participate.
Accommodation is provided by the organiser and is included in the price of the seminar. The organiser offers four accommodation options for 7-nights stay (Sat to Sat) in Dublin:
- Apartment Accommodation. One room in a shared self-catering apartment
- Accommodation in *Host Families experiencing an Irish family with half-board Monday to Friday and full-board at the weekend
- B&B Accommodation. Breakfast included
- Hotel Accommodation. 3 star minimum
*Travel time can range from 25 to 50 minutes ca depending on location. We endeavour to place you in as a close a proximity as we can.
Participation on the course can be funded through the use of an Erasmus Plus STT grant from your academic institution. The Organiser, Atlantic Language, will provide the required documents including the STT invitation, work plan and a Certificate of Participation for all seminar participants.
Programme Cost – Galway / Dublin
Option A €715 / €765
Seminar programme plus Apartment accommodation
Option B €760 / €765
Seminar programme plus Host Family accommodation
Option C On Request
Seminar programme plus B&B accommodation
Option D On Request
Seminar programme plus Hotel accommodation
For efficacy of workshops only a limited number of applications can be admitted on the first apply, first served basis.
* There is high season supplement on accommodation. €40 for apartment / residence and €25 for HF (For the programmes between 30 Jun and 15 Sep 2018 & 2019)
Available Dates 2018 – 2019
- 14/05/18 – 18/05/18 Galway
- 18/06/18 – 22/06/18 Dublin
- 10/09/18 – 14/09/18 Dublin
- 01/10/18 – 05/10/18 Galway
- 26/11/18 – 30/11/18 Galway
- 17/12/18 – 21/12/18 Dublin
- 14/01/19 – 18/01/19 Galway
- 04/02/19 – 08/02/19 Dublin
- 04/03/19 – 08/03/19 Galway
- 01/04/19 – 05/04/19 Dublin
- 29/04/19 – 03/05/19 Galway
- 17/06/19 – 21/06/19 Dublin
- 02/09/19 – 06/09/19 Galway
- 07/10/19 – 11/10/19 Dublin
- 11/11/19 – 15/11/19 Galway